My Goals for 2021
Like many of us, I had dreams and expectations for 2020 that were, for the most part, not met as our lives have been put on hold by COVID-19. While I could revisit them in this new year, I find many of my dreams no longer feel relevant and, honestly, my expectations of the future are at an all time low. Indeed, establishing goals for 2021 feels a little bit like tempting fate!
But I am a list-maker and ticker of boxes. I must have some sort of framework with which to manage my life or I get a fidgety, itchy feeling and don’t know what to do with myself. Therefore, I’ve made a list of goals for 2021 that should allow me to steadily tick boxes (without feeling overwhelmed by my own expectations). Importantly, these should be manageable even if we go into lockdown for months again.
- Actively work against the values of the Republican Party.
- Continue toward converting the yard into a certified wildlife habitat.
- Cook one new thing each month.
- Eat lunch in the park when the weather is good.
- Eat two servings of fruit most days.
- Establish pollinator-friendly habitat and food sources for bees, butterflies, hummingbirds and other pollinating insects and wildlife.
- Get the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Increase my number of monthly donations to BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ orgs.
- Listen to one new-to-me album every month.
- Make sure all images I post on social media have descriptions and alt text.
- Organize Mom’s recipe cards.
- Port 100 favorite music CDs to listen to in my car.
- Put out a heated bird bath for the winter birds.
- Read for an hour every day.
- Review who I follow on social media.
- See Dad a minimum of once a month.
- Snuggle more.
- Support more BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ businesses.
- Take the time to say “I don’t like this ad” or block social media accounts.
- Vegas for Christmas, baby.
- Wind down with Headspace when going to bed.
What about you? Do you have any goals or intentions you would like to share? Please feel free to do so in the comments below.